Inspiring Communities is a not-for-profit equity-centered systems change leader in Atlantic Canada.
We believe that collective action is essential, so we innovatively connect communities. We create collaborative systems partnerships and measure our impact. To ensure our effectiveness and sustainability, we maintain a strong core. We engage in reflective evaluation practices to learn from our experiments, integrate that learning into our work, and share what we’ve learned through our regional and national networks. We are a not-for-profit organization based in Nova Scotia.
We are searching for board members to support our mission.
- A resident of Nova Scotia
- Demonstrated leadership and involvement in the community
- Respected by Board members, the ED and key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively work with the Board in dealing with difficult issues
- Willing and able to commit time to governance leadership of the organization
- Ability to communicate, listen and seek others’ input
- Agrees with objectives of the organization
- Accepts governance leadership position when requested
- Previous fundraising experience is an asset.
Term: 2 years (with a maximum of 2 terms)
Time Commitment: Five hours per month (meetings, preparation, consultation)
To express interest, please complete this form.
- You will be contacted for follow-up.
- Initial interviews are held by a selection team member
- Applicants are reviewed by Governance Committee
- Shortlisted candidate(s) are interviewed again by Board Chair
- Confirmation of appointment.