Apply by July 5, 2022. Send your resume and cover letter to Louise Adongo, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive team that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. We encourage and prioritize applications from First Nations People, African Nova Scotians and other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify in your covering letter or your resume.
About Inspiring Communities
Inspiring Communities is a recognized leader in equity-centered systems change in Atlantic Canada. We recognize that our current systems and institutions don’t work for the people who need them most. We build collaborative relationships, develop skills and foster social experimentation (e.g. through social labs) to change these inequitable systems. We work in three communities: Digby, Dartmouth North and Northside Cape Breton. We engage in reflective evaluation practices to learn from our experiments, integrate that learning into our work, and share what we’ve learned through our regional and national networks.
About the Role
The part-time Administrative Assistant role, based in Dartmouth North, supports the smooth and effective running of the organization by attending to activities ranging from:
- Checking mail and responding to email inquiries.
- Records management (update and maintain files and information)
- Administrative support with HR (onboarding, offboarding, etc.) and financial management
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- a combination of education and experience
- high degree of comfort working in digital workspaces, including fluency in Google Workspace and administration of central software license deployment
- great communications, organizational and time-management skills
- experience with and the flexibility to work independently in ambiguity with multiple teams
The office is located in Dartmouth, NS but there is an option to work in part remotely. Standard office hours will be maintained. Working with communities through equity issues can be challenging work. We are a trauma-informed organization and provide support to employees.
$22-25 / hr
Hours per week: 15
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia